Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Beast and the Beast

I was walking on the shore,with her hand in mine...the sea waves were blissfully sweeping sand off my feet.... the horizon seemed nearer..the sky closer...i could see the tides kiss the shore each time further and further.... as if beseeching it to join them..I looked at her.Her gaze was vacant, fixed at some far away coconut groves.Her other hand held her sandals...was swinging casually...as if she  held a bunch of flowers....she slightly jerked her head to push those naughty strands near her lips, back.There must be a word to describe her poise... i thought...there must be a word to describe her for me at that moment....and somebody whispered 
ELEGANT....
We drifted a little deeper...let her knees touch the clear blue water.her demeanour was as mysterious as the depths of the mighty presence we were near..My heart as tumultuous as the tempest brewing somewhere far....
Just like the proverbial out of the blue...  
I stopped.she as oblivious as always,was stopped when her hand held tightly pulled her back.
She looked.No emotions...Just a glance. 
I knelt in front of her held her hand in front of my lips,looked up..in her eyes..daring the depths..and said 
"I Love You"
She looked  and now i know, not at me.. there was a gentle smirk while she said....
"It's not deep enough."

 

No comments: