Sunday, July 20, 2008

Purple HAZE

Standing on top of school buses on rainy july afternoons....waiting for all the teachers to pass thorough.....bullying younger kids to shut their mouths....begging the bus driver to wait for a few more minutes....all this just to pluck delicious, mouth watering, purple coloured jamoons off trees.....your pallet is confounded with a multitude of tastes....sour...sweet..bitter...and above all....a sensation in your mouth that you can't name.....and of course...the wonderful purple colour of you tounge.....
The tastes on my pallet are the same even now, when i buy jamoons off the roads.But even a unripe jammon tasted much more delicious when i used to pluck them off trees....

1 comment:

Sanaha said...

I remember some kid who used to sit beside me in my KG classes would force me eat them..i'd then thought it was poison!

Scared that my mom would scold me i'd try desperately to wipe the purple haze off before i went back every evening.. :P